Comcast Corporation, one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services, today announced special programming for Comcast customers who have On Demand service in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15-October 15).
“Comcast has had a longstanding commitment to Hispanic communities, and we are proud to provide our customers with a wide array of programming in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month,” said David L. Cohen, Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation.
From September 15 to October 15, Comcast digital cable customers who have On Demand service will have access to special programs in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month. Programming in English and in Spanish can be found on the On Demand menu under the Top Picks > Hispanic Heritage Month folders. Comcast also provides dual audio on several of its new movies allowing customers to choose between English and Spanish language.
Comcast’s Hispanic Heritage Month programming highlights include:
Movies, Shows and Music:
* HBO PPV Boxing: “Mayweather vs. Marquez” (September 19th)
* CineLatino movies such as “Kilómetro 31” and “México México ra ra ra”
* Univision hit shows such as “Cristina” and “¡Viva el Sueño!”
* IN Demand movies featuring Oscar-winning actors, Penélope Cruz and Javier Bardem, including “No Country for Old Men”, “Open Your Eyes”, “Bandidas”, and more
* HBO Latino’s “Epitafios: Season 2” will premiere on demand and is also available on HD
* CNN Interviews with Eva Longoria, George Lopez, Lissette Alvarez and others
* And many music video choices by artists like Shakira, Paulina Rubio and Daddy Yankee
Dual Audio Movie Titles:
* “Fast & Furious” (September)
* “Xmen Origins: Wolverine” HD (September)
* “Hannah Montana: The Movie” HD (October)
Comcast’s On Demand en español service offers customers over 300 anytime programming choices every day, including movies, music, TV series and kids’ shows. Among the Hispanic networks Comcast offers are Univision, Telemundo, Cine Latino, Cine Mexicano, Mi Cine, FEARnet en español, Mun2, MTV Tr3s, Nickelodeon en Español, PBS Sprout en Español, ¡Sorpresa!, and VeneMovies. Our Hispanic programming through our On Demand service receives over 2 million views every month, and it enables our customers to watch Hispanic movies, shows and music videos whenever ever they want.
Currently, Comcast’s On Demand library offers more than 10,000 entertainment programs each month, including more than 1,000 choices in HD available anytime, anywhere and with the ability to pause, rewind and fast-forward selections. With more than 13 billion views to date, Comcast’s extensive On Demand library features everything from movies, music and top TV shows to the most popular kids, sports, lifestyle and local programs. Comcast customers hit play on On Demand more than 300 million times every month.
Comcast’s overall commitment to diversity is focused in four key areas: attracting and retaining a multicultural workforce, developing a diverse supplier group, offering a wide selection of multicultural programming and investing in diverse communities.